Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

In my Arms I Held.....



In my arms I held



The most precious thing


Known to mankind


With ten little fingers


And ten little toes


Hair of brown and eyes of blue


So little and fragile


I didn't want to let go


As she looked up at me


With such uncertain eyes


She gave out a little cry


There I knew I had to let go


I placed her in the arms


Of one that could not bear her own


But could give her all I could not


This person I know will take great


Care of her


Her life will be happy and secure


This I trust with faith and love


She will grow to understand


It was out of love for her


That with a kiss on the cheek


I placed her in the arms


Of the one she will call mother


© Sharon Roberts





No comments:

Post a Comment